Contamination, Food Allergies, and Food borne Illness.
- True or False: Fish that has been properly cooked will be safe to eat.
- True or False: Cooking can destroy fungal toxins in certain varieties of mushrooms.
- True or False: Food additives listed on the government’s GRAS “Generally Regarded As Safe” list will not cause allergic reactions.
- True or False: Unopened cleaning products may be stored with unopened cans and packages of food .
- True or False: Most biological toxins found in food occur naturally and are not caused by the presence of microorganisms.
Here are the answers to yesterday’s questions, Quiz II “ The Microworld”
- True: proper cooking will destroy all pathogens in food
- False: A food borne intoxication is caused by eating food which contains pathogen
- False; Most food borne illnesses are caused by viruses.
- False: Bacteria will not grow at refrigeration temperatures.
- False: Highly acidic foods such as tomato sauce provide a perfect environment for bacteria to grow in.